Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Monday, November 18, 2013

Matt Fishel Does "Oh, Santa!"


JD: Hello, my name is JD Doyle and I am addicted to the music of Matt Fishel.
Everyone: Hello, JD.

Okay, no, it's not an addiction meeting, but I freely admit I AM addicted to Matt's music, and have been for many years. I've been playing him on my shows for several years now, and in the last couple he began releasing singles from what would become his (terrific) debut album...they all made my personal hit parade and when I knew he was working on that album I got him to promise me the very first interview about it, which you can hear on my April 2013 OutRadio Show. That CD is called "Not Thinking Straight."

But this blog entry is not about that album, but about his special Xmas Single, and again, well, I think it's wonderful. It's a cover of Mariah Carey's "Oh, Santa!" and he wraps around it his usual perfect power pop arrangement, and of course, her lyrics now become (gasp) male-on-male ones...love, Love!





1 comment:

  1. Yep, I am the same.

    Matt Fishel is a staple of the longest continuously running LGBTQIPA radio show in Australia, if not the world - Queer Radio on 4ZZZ Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete