Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Monday, May 6, 2013

Vancouver Pride Song



I love that Vancouver Pride has chosen an official Pride Song, and it's called "Pot of Gold," and half of the proceeds go to the Pride Society. It's by the band Mandrake, featuring Buzy B. It will appear on the album "Feet Lost Time" in July.




Pot of Gold (Rainbow)

Lost, in a matter of speaking, no colour and I fear I'm freaking out
I've died, no direction to heaven, but tough lemons, my hue is fading
I need a rollercoaster rainbow to beam me to the other side
The bright bodies are there so I'm needed on the other side

Thumbs up, hitching for luck, for a bump-bump daddy in his pickup truck
I need, bright colour to breathe, but tough lemons, my hue is fading
I need a rollercoaster rainbow to beam me to the other side
The bright bodies are there so I'm needed on the other side

Rai-ai-ain bow-ow-ow you are my open ro-o-oad 
and with you I feel beautiful and free to roam

Ride the rainbow, for the pot of gold, strong, proud, beautiful and bold
alienated like we're from another planet, now we coming home (equal rights we demand it)
Its ringing in your ears so pick up the phone, reply via text if nobodies home
lets march like soldiers, off to war, parade around town, go door to door
We're your mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, telling us no, huh, don't even bother
that word we don't hear aint coming in clear, not criminals, just a little bit queer
ride the rainbow, together with pride, times are changing no need to run and hide
just be yourself that they can't deny, so lets unify and march with pride

Sprints, never daring to slow, with my eyes wide open on the world below
my feet, pulsing prism beneath, but tough lemons, my hue is fading,
I need a rollercoaster rainbow to beam me to the other side
the bright bodies are there so I'm needed on the other side

Rai-ai-ain bow-ow-ow you are my open ro-o-oad 
and with you I feel beautiful and free to roam
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment