Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Saturday, June 9, 2012

(Nearly) Naked Musicians



Sometimes when working on my website I get side tracked, like when I put together a large collage of “Naked Musicians.” The first few are shown above, and are all early shots for which the code phrase was “physique” photos. They are not really naked, of course, because in the 1950’s it was illegal to sell magazines with totally nude models.

I set up two pages on photos I collected, and they had to have a musical theme, no matter how contrived. For example, with the one below, a favorite of mine, I wasn’t really concerned if he held that guitar correctly.


Check out Page 1. And on the second page of my display I give a bit of the interesting history of this kind of photography, so don’t miss that, including our own Tab Hunter.


No comments:

Post a Comment