Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Alicia Bridges



It’s hard to believe it was 34 years ago this Spring that (out lesbian) Alicia Bridges was a resounding hit in the discos. Her smash “I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)” reached #5 on the Billboard charts, and was an international hit, selling one million copies and garnering her a Grammy nomination. And I knew every word, and especially (on the dance) floor gave the proper body accents to “You can love them all and when you're through, maybe that'll make, Ugh! a man out of you.”




and the song made it to at least two movie soundtracks


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I definitely remember the song, and while I had my suspicions, didn't know for sure Alicia was LGBT. More great stuff, thanks!

    ReplyDelete